Virtual reality is the magnificent technology that makes use of software for creating artificial environments around you. It makes some artificial senses like hearing, sight and in some cases, (if you have the equipment) Touch as well. The entire world of virtual reality actually merges with the power of 3-D graphics. Virtual reality technology has been something that is made use of in all kinds of industries. Virtual reality is used in video games, entertainment, education, films, media, medicine, design and engineering as well. VR makes some very important changes in the lives of human beings and also their day to day activities. In this article, I’m going to be talking about the many advantages and disadvantages of virtual reality (VR).
If you remember correctly, virtual reality technology was introduced almost 10 years ago. Ten years ago, this technology was mind-blowing, and it is still mind-blowing, because the technology is advancing every single year. I am sure you know that companies like Apple Inc, Google, Oculus, Samsung are all developing some very high-quality virtual reality headsets with amazing battery life and they will definitely change the whole landscape of gaming.
Virtual reality is a technology that is based completely on the idea of immersing yourself into an artificially created reality that is not physically existing. You need a virtual reality headset to experience virtual reality. You need the necessary sounds as well.
“Ready Player One” is a movie that shows a virtual reality and in some cases augmented reality, as well in the perfect manner possible. A lot of people make use of external equipment, so that they can immerse themselves into virtual reality.
- Sometimes, virtual reality can be better than reality. Visuals which are seen in virtual reality are far better than reality, meaning that you might be experiencing a wonderful ocean scene, while sitting in your phone living room. What is the reality is a technology that is used in video games as well. It is like you will be inside the video game, which is something that is spectacular. Imagine fighting zombies that are right in front of you.
- Virtual reality is used in so many different fields. Because of the abundance of features that it possesses, it is even used in military, healthcare and education.
- Most of the users that experience it have reported back with awesome experiences.
- It gives you a very detailed view of what you are seeing are playing. If you have virtual reality gloves, you can actually interact with it.
- I will now start with the disadvantages. The very first disadvantage that I would like to talk about is that it is very expensive. Virtual reality technology does not come cheap.
- A lot of people have said that they have gotten addicted to the virtual world. This particular addiction can actually cause a lot of health issues.
- Virtual reality technology is completely experimental and should be construed as the same.
- Training in a virtual reality environment is not real and cannot be replicated in real-life situations. Real experience is always better.